Saturday, October 4, 2008

thoughts along the way

Its about 9:43pm Lima time and i just got back. Today i went to the trade show and saw some people i have met over the last couple of days, and then to a havana coffee shop to make some obsure cold sales calls which were semi successful.

I will say its been hard to be here alone for an extended period. I am so used to having friends around and it has not been easy to believe the truth. Tomorrow i will meet in the morning with a friend of a friend named christian rocci from lima, then off to the trade show again and should have some meetings in the afternoon.

Starting a business like this is not easy, being down here not knowing where to start. Its hard just to keep throwing yourself out there and wondering if the door is gonna swing open or not.

Especially when its being done in a whole other culture, country, custom, and language...I mean talk about feeling out of your comfort zone. I think I'm taking the "welcome to life outside what you're used to" seminar with 9 million people in Lima giving the class.

Its risky. I guess these are the times when people decide they may think about doing something else. Well those feelings certainly have creeped into my world at times... I start thinking, "well maybe this door isn't open."

But on the other hand sometimes you have to push it open...right? I mean, ask and it will be given to you. Maybe the asking part is crucial.

Though I don't want to do this without the ultimate door opener. Forget about it, if he's not in it then what's the point. So i guess i have to ask, knock, push, and trust. I guess i can do much more than that, right?

So i leave it at that til the next blog. Thanks for walking along for the journey. there's more to come.

4 comments:

Todd said...

Hey, welcome to blogspot!
I'm glad you started a blog so I can follow your journey more and hear your thoughts. I enjoyed reading your first post. Good insights. Way to go after Life like a champ!
-Todd

TimothyCSchulz@gmail.com said...

stay strong buddy!

Dave Eynck said...

Stay srong and be smart. If it sounds too good to be true it's because it is. God Bless!

Grammy said...

collin..so proud of you to not only step out on the end of the diving board but actually dive off into the water!! so proud of you for not backing off....lorraine