Monday, October 13, 2008

Ohhhhhhh Mexico...it sounds so simple, I just gotta go...(James Taylor)

Its 11:55am mexico city time and i'm at hostel versalles 104 in zone 4. I left yesterday morning around 3:15am from Lima and got into mexico city in the early afternoon. Last night I went to an Argentenian steak house with a couple from zew zealand which was awesome. This morning has been more or less just recouping from jet lag and i plan on checking out some parks and other sites after i finish this blog.

Well it was quite a ride being in Lima for two weeks, learning how to operate on a buisness level in a foreign place...which mind you i'm new at both. Overall I feel quite encouraged by all that went on. I met with several potential clients and got a pretty good grasp of the work to be done, the competition, and the demand that is there.

I had the great pleasure of meeting a taxi driver that was on vacation for one month from his full time job as a bodyguard for a fishing company owner in Lima. I believe that it certainly wasn't by chance i met Alberto and I am very grateful to God for all he did for me. Without getting into detail, Alberto protected me from a potentially bad situation that I never saw coming.


The day after i met Alberto, he and I spend one day doing sale calls to equipment rental companies and mining companies all over Lima. It was a really great time to spend with him and get to know Lima. He was a bodyguard and taxi...there really isn't a better combo when you're moving around lima.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to visit anywhere outside Lima, but there will be a next time for places like Machu Pichu.

I feel pretty worn out honestly after these last two weeks but I'm hoping to get a second wind for this last week. I am realizing that three weeks is a long time to be away. The trade show at centro banamex starts tomorrow and I think it will be a better showing for heavy equipment than the one in Lima.

I will write in a couple days and hopefully have some cool pics of Mexico City.

Here are some pics from Lima to check out:

Below is jose who is the guard at the hostel i stayed
at in lima. Just to give you an idea, jose works 12 hours
and gets paid 22 soles, which is just over 7 US dollars.









beach view a couple blocks
from hostel


Below: Shaun, Australia, and Joey, Germany
They stayed at same hostel in Lima

Alberto and I at the lima airport at 3:30am.

Jorge, the other gatewatcher at the Lima hostel

No comments: