Monday, October 6, 2008

I couldn't be sitting in a more american place than where I'm at right now...Starbucks coffee.

Lattes being whipped to the tune of norah jones in the background, bustling peruvian chatter, and even a bonus...free wireless internet.

Its nice to be here you know. I've already had my zuchini quiche along with a tall americano filled half way. But its a little different at the starbuck on benavides avenue in Lima...a security greets you at the door. After i had sat down for a while i noticed the guard fidgeting with a woman's computer as she went to the bathroom!
I'm thinkin..."should i say something," maybe i just starting yelling in the middle of starbucks "que estás haciendo!!!"
Then i saw the woman calmly approach her seat and the guard still had his hands on her computer. Obviously she wasn't disturbed.
So what in the world was this guy doing?

Sure enough a couple minutes later this inconsiderate noisy security guard had his hands on another computer right behind me. I couldn't believe it!! Then i noticed what he was doing...he was locking and unlocking locks that he puts on all the computers!

I asked this lady behind if it was necessary to actually have your computered lock via a cable in the wall. Sternly she says to me, " Aqui en este starbucks, roban!"
Lets just say the next thing i was doing was locking my computer to the wall with the help of the now very kind and respectful security guard.

So if some robber comes in here he might be able to take me but my computer ain't goin anywhere! Once again, welcome to Lima!


Attached are some pics to enjoy.

proof that a guy gave me his first class seat from panama to lima. boy was I happy....I think i started hurdling seats back up to the front.

un amigo alberto at the trade
show


cristian rocci who is a friend of a friend.


Trade show pic.
a view from my room last night

No comments: